To Inspire

Genealogy is a great hobby. Always something new to find whether it be a new name, story or event in history. I hope this inspires you a little bit to find out something new about your family and pass it on so the history doesn't get lost. If your new to my blog, please see the tab "Archive Index" - these are all my past articles. Enjoy!

Friday, April 3, 2015

Marlborough Castle




William I "THE CONQUEROR" KING of England  born 1027 was my 27th GG grandfather. In 1067 he assumed control over Marlborough area and chose to build a castle on the natural mound.  Marlborough Castle,  Sussex, England.  In 1070 it became the royal residence.





Sir Richard Fitz Alan my 21st GGrandfather  born in Arundel Castle and married  Alicia DiSaluzzo at Marlborough Castle .


In 1370 the castle fell into disrepair, but remained as Crown property, however, by 1403 the castle was in ruins.  In 1680’s a new house was was built for the Duke of Somerset, and it is now the center of Malborough College. 

No comments:

Post a Comment